Banking Safely While Traveling
With many places beginning to open up and summer just about here, chances are you may be among the many who are ready to hit the road for a long-awaited vacation. You’ve likely been busy planning your route and securing your reservations, if you haven’t already done so.
Here are a few tips to help make this a well-deserved and memorable break without worrying about your finances.
Before you leave:
- Schedule your bill payments and grab some extra cash. Pyramid’s Bill Pay service is FREE to members with a Checking account and Online Banking. Both of those are free too!
- Add your Pyramid Visa® debit and credit cards to your phone’s Mobile Wallet for contactless payment options.
- Let us know if you are traveling out of the area, so we can put a travel notice on your accounts.
- Make sure you have contact information for your banking and credit card companies. Having copies or photos of your cards (both sides) in your phone can save a lot of time and anxiety if you lose your wallet or purse.
While you’re away:
- Make purchases using your Pyramid Visa® credit card for worldwide acceptance and added liability protections.
- Use a secure network, not public WiFi, when accessing your online accounts. Don’t use a public computer to do any online banking or bill pay.
- Log out and close your browser after you access your account.
- Be aware of your surroundings when using an ATM.
- Look for CO-OP and Allpoint network ATMs for fee-free access to your Pyramid accounts and cash while on the road.
If your Pyramid Visa debit or credit card is lost or stolen:
- Immediately block your card(s) in your Pyramid Online Account or Mobile Banking App.
- Or call Pyramid at 520-795-7950 or 800-947-9726 during regular business hours.
- After-hours, call 888-241-2510.